We're taking jumping pics to a whole new level...

Last summer a group of us made a deal to all scare ourselves crazy and go skydiving to celebrate Maggie's grad school graduation! So...a year has passed, and look how we stuck to our guns! A few of the folks in our group fizzled out of the deal due to previous plans and unexpected happenings, but it's all good! I give mad props to my girls Pauline, Maggie and Erin for sharing this experience with me! I couldn't have done it with out your positive spirit and sense of adventure! Thanks to Skydive Monroe for allowing this thrill and above all, keeping us safe!



Pauline and I paired up and went first up in the tiny King Air plane with no seats. As we felt the vibration of the engine and the propellers through the floor of the plane, we were so nervous as we lifted off! My face went from super excited, to totally regretting my decision. I felt waves of vertigo as I looked out the plane, thinking to myself, "What the hell am I doing?!" As much as I didn't want to go first, my tandem teacher and I crawled over to the edge of the door, and pushed me out on the count of two. The feelings of freefall were just overwhelming. I felt scared, but invigorated, I couldn't breathe, but I could scream. There were baby pellets of sleet hitting my face during our 47 seconds of freefall!



As soon as the chute opened, it was a huge relief knowing that we'd be safely floating down with a wonderful view. Awesome Bruce let me steer the parachute and pointed out the Atlanta skyline, Stone Mountain, and the Athens area from a birds eye view. Once we landed safely on the ground all I felt was just a sense of accomplishment and a pure adrenaline rush!!



It felt like everything just happened so fast. It's kinda like life, that is why you have to be passionate about what you want to fulfill those unforgettable moments! This experience is something you just have to live, and its impossible to really describe it. Never in a million years did I ever think I would do this. But the opportunity came, and its finally checked off the list of my things to do in my life! Our next years fall endeavor: Horseback riding in Napa anyone?

3 comments:

Pauline said...

I had such a great time sharing this accomplishment with you!! Can't wait for our next item to check off the list! Love you!

Cat said...

holy crap girls!! I can't believe you actually jumped!!!!! I never could have done that; very very very impressed :D

Meg said...

I am SO jealous!!! We've got to have lunch again soon so you can tell me about your crazy adventure! I bet it was incredible.

P.S. - I nominated you for an Honest Scrap Award:

http://megsewell.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award.html