This is why I snooze...




So they say your creative prowess peaks for those crazy, crafty folk around 11am and 10pm. But I find my most creative time of day to be late night! Clearly last night I reached my "wide-eyed and bushy-tailed" mode between 12am to 2:30 a.m. I'd been working on this painting for my mom's birthday for about a good solid 4 hours, and I am regretting not having taken a picture of its progress from Monday night.

Anyways, after meticulously painting til the wee hours of the morning, I finally stepped back and came to terms of a final stopping point! Here's a detail shot of what I think looks like Where's Waldo when he was 8. Happy Birthday, Mom! Hope this Venetian canal scene brings back fond memories from our Italy trip several years ago!


3 comments:

Pauline said...

This looks so awesome!! She will love it!

Cat said...

I agree-it looks great!

Meg said...

Girl, you have some serious skills! Remember us little people when you become rich and famous!