Panini Bikini



I told myself yesterday that I was going to blog about panini's! My whole inspiration came from one of those moments when you happen to surprise yourself of your own capabilities! This one sprouted from the cooking department.

So, the other day, Matt and I were contemplating on what to have for lunch. At first we thought, "Mmm Panera sounds yum!", but since we're trying to manage our budgets, I volunteered to make our own paninis! It was actually pretty simple, and not expensive at all! I just bought some Foccacia bread from Kroger, threw together some frozen grilled chicken strips on the skillet and seasoned it, put some provolone and spinach in the bread and pressed it on the grill pan for 15 secs on each side. I even managed to improv a mayo concoction of lemon pepper, garlic salt, and a drop of white wine vinegar so it wasn't so dry! It turned out to be pretty tasty. I knew it had to be good once I got the "Make sure you add this one to the list!"

I'm soon to try the chocolate/nutella panini. That just looks sooo delish! Maybe I'll give Athens' former Uncle Otto's some credit and add some banana slices!

1 comment:

Cat said...

yumm!!! They both look delicious! And I really am going to have to try it now :)