Holy Moly! Lobster Ravioli!



After Matt defeated me in a tennis match on a hot muggy July evening, the last thing I wanted to do was come home and cook an elaborate meal. But why sacrifice the palette of delectable cuisine, when you can heat up a hearty and tasty dinner in a matter of 10 minutes? I'm not talking about anything instant like mac-n-cheese or ramen either...

So, I did a little research online and found that you can get super reasonable and delicious lobster stuffed ravioli's from Trader Joe's at $2.99 a pack (in the coldcuts section). I grabbed a bottle of creamy alfredo sauce, and a batch of fresh asparagus to complete the menu. I threw in some crushed red pepper flakes, garlic salt, and italian herbs to my sauce for a zesty kick with a spicy lingering aftertaste. I threw the seasoned asparagus on a evoo coated grill pan and grilled them up! In about 10 minutes, everything was ready!

It was so yum, that it got another "add it to the list"! I think anything that gets added to the list will be blogged about! Hopefully it'll keep you reading for more simple dinner ideas!

1 comment:

Meg said...

As Rachael Ray would say, yum-o! That sounds so good! And how cute to setup your table with a nice table cloth, lit candles, some two buck chuck, and play some soft background music to complete the ambiance? Serve up this delicious but totally affordable meal and you've got the perfect, romantic, cost-effective, at-home dinner date!