Belay! Belay On!

I'm really surprised I have never gone rock climbing back at Ramsey after having adventuring out to Atlanta Rocks this weekend! It's so much fun getting to challenge your mental strength and physical endurance to get to the top. We had Maggie, our certified climber, help guide us with move strategies and for belaying our butts!


After learning "the ropes" we got checked by Mr. Shady Instructor Greg that we could tie the correct knots and belay others to be able to climb the wall.

Here's a nice action shot of Matt attempting his way to the top! There were so many ways to maneuver up the wall, but only so many routes to get there by using the right nubs. Stay away from the brain nubs!


My favorite part, but Leslie's absolute worst, was coming down from the crazy tall heights. Make sure you trust your belayer before flying back down the wall! Commitment issues? What??

After much fun and laughs, I know I will definitely be back for more...as soon as my wrists and arms stop quivering from our initial rock climbing session! Climbing! Climb on!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

You guys look like professional rock climbers...if there is such a thing.

I tagged you in this tagging game...

http://ppellicer.blogspot.com