Lost in translation



So it's been like two weeks since I've been back from our wonderful trip in Spain. I've come back wondering where I left off from. I'm still not back in the flow yet. I have been living so in the moment to find something to distract me from going back to the basics. It seems like while I was on the trip I really got to experience life on a simple note. Wandering around in a foreign city can really help you know yourself. You trust your instincts, trust your perfect strangers, and trust that everyone is all in this together.

I am grateful that I got to immerse myself in a totally different culture, except it's really not all that foreign. In reality we're all humans, doing our thang. Living life. Language isn't that huge of a barrier either. You can totally get by with just gestures and facial expressions. The only difference between us and the Catalan is our environment. This different world boasts a fusion of local and ancient history, where the architecture is amazing and so unworldly compared to our straight angled structures we pass by in our cars on the highway everyday. I've learned to appreciate all of the design that was put into their city planning. Little details, like the Gaudi street stones, just flaunt unique charm and character. And why can't we have roundabouts to replace all stoplights? Yeah, some dummies might get turned around and keep going in circles, but at least everyone is always moving. Constantly moving.

2 comments:

Cat said...

I am so jealous!! post more pics dude, I want to dream in color :)

J. Wo said...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=uz5ll89.6a4uuzt5&Uy=-8dgfzd&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=644955678201_188156507209&localeid=en_US